Monday, August 11, 2008

FSA

Rocky and I attended a Regional Families Supporting Adoption Conference this weekend. Not only was the conference incredible, but my in laws came up to watch the kids. It was an extra treat to have them here, and to know my kids were in good hands. (Thank you Mom and Jennifer!) So, back to the conference.... Friday night consisted of a speaker, then a panel of an adoptive couple, adoptee, and a birth mom. Then we had a great catered dinner in the park. Saturday started early (9:00am) with a broadcast form Salt lake, then we had workshops. Rock and I chose "Your Journey with the Birth parents". That was followed by lunch and more workshops. Rock went to a Health and Welfare class, and I went to a Finding vs. Waiting Class. Both were excellent, and we are still comparing notes. The final class of the day, we all met together for a Birth Parent Panel. There were several birth moms willing to share their experience. All, but two, have placed their babies. The two were still expecting, and searching for the right family. There was not a dry eye in the house when these women were talking. The spirit was so strong. During the closing ceremonies, (awards, door prizes) Virginia, (the woman in charge of the birth moms) came over to us and said she felt very impressed for us to meet with one of the birth moms. So after the day was over we had the opportunity to meet and share stories with a birth mom. I won't name names, or share her story, but just know what an amazing woman she is. We laughed and cried together, and no matter what becomes of that meeting, she will forever be in our hearts. We loved the one on one meeting. It was so personal, and that much easier to get to know someone. We pray for her, and her family. I can not emphasize enough how strong these woman are. They have all earned their wings.
Overall, the conference was a huge success. It has touched our lives. Not only did we get the chance to learn and grow from each other, but we met people in our same situation. It is always nice to know that someone else knows exactly how you feel. Here's to you Carly and David! You are now part of our family as well. We look forward to next year's conference.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I'm glad you we're able to attend and feel strengthened. Sounds really neat. We wish you the best. I appreciate your faith and strength. Your in my heart!!

Jennifer said...

You know it was a pleasure to come see my little pumpkins!! I enjoyed every minute spent with them. Thanks for sharing them with me!

Megan said...

I'm so glad it went so well!

Hey and no stealing my cousin Whit! ;)