Sunday, September 21, 2008

Harvest



I love this time of year. There is a chill in the air, and it is time to start baking, canning, and dehydrating. This year I canned salsa for the first time. It was fun. I made up my own recipe, so it was not as spicy as it should be. It is a good base though. I also dehydrated bananas and squash this year. We ate all the bananas, then I have saved the squash so that I can just throw it in soups. Yum! I love it when the house is warm and smells good. Hopefully I can get one more canning session in before the end of the month. Happy harvest everyone!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

You are a busy girl. Send some salsa my way. That looks good! You are amazing.

Angie said...

Makes me smile when you get all domestic on me!! Wish we were neighbors, we could can together! Looks good. Way to go, IDAHO. Sorry, I couldn't resist!! I'm loving keeping up on your lives. Blogs are so great.

Hulberts said...

Nice job Whitty! I loved the Salsa by the way. Hey, will you tell Anna to get with it and let me be allowed to see her blog? Thanks.

Jennifer said...

Wow, I am impressed!! I have never canned anything and I'm not sure I ever will!! Hopefully I will get to try some of your yummy salsa (if the tomatoes in the salsa are cooked!).

Jeff and Angela Boyle said...

fabulous! You need to teach me how to can! And of course you would be pocahontas - totally you!