Monday, September 20, 2010

PEACHES



My friend GB called me one day and asked if I wanted to pick peaches with her. Little did I know what I was getting into. We went to the LDS Church Orchards and picked for them, then we picked for ourselves. We ended up picking way too many, so we came home with more than we needed. I brought home 3 bushels for myself, and one for my friend Agnus. I have never canned peaches before, so this was all new to me. I canned 13 quarts, then I planned on canning the rest the following week. Well, chaos hit our home. Needless to say we couldn't wait much longer to can these beauties because they were ripe. In comes JAN! Jan called to see if she could help, and ended up coming over and canning almost all of them! She came in, took charge, and told Rocky and I what do to. (Mostly Rocky, because I was passed the point of functioning.) I was absolutely no help at all. Two of my other friends stopped by and pitched in as well. (GB and SM) So, to my darling Jan, GB, and SM... THANK YOU!!!! You rescued me in so many ways, just by canning peaches, and being my friends. I love you all very much, and will think of you every time I eat peaches! Thank you with all my heart!

2 comments:

Jan said...

If you need me, call me
No matter where you are
No matter how far
Just call my name
I'll be there in a hurry
You don't have to worry!!

Cause Baby, there ain't no mountain. . . you know you want to sing it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I think I showed up in time to wash off a counter. :-) Thus, I should have just rec'd a honorable mention.

Jan is pretty amazing.

GB