Monday, April 7, 2008

Let's go fly a kite.....


The Easter bunny brought kites this year. So on the windiest day last week we headed out to fly them. I helped both kids get them in the air, and was squealing in delight when M screams at the top of her lungs.... "I don't like this!" I ran over to her, realizing that she was just holding on to the string, and it was cutting into her hand. We fixed all of that, then I looked over at R, and he was almost in tears. "It's going to pull me up there!", he yelled. So, as much fun as I was having, the kids were not thrilled at all. We quickly wound the strings up, and walked over to the park. The funny thing was that when Rock came home from work he suggested that we should go fly kites. Both kids looked at him and said,"We don't want to." At the same time of course. Then we had to explain our adventure. You never know with these two. We did have a ball at the park though.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just this weekend I was doing a little cleaning in my garage and found some kites. I brought them to my mom's when R & M were in town and was going to see if all the kids wanted to take them for a run. For some reason I didn't bring up the kites...and maybe this is why!! Pretty funny!!

Tara said...

I am so excited to have found your blog. Jon and I came upon it Friday after receiving a comment on our blog from a friend that led us to Lance and Heidi's blog and then eventually here. Your kids are so cute and it is great to hear what you are up to. We will keep checking back for updates.