Friday, January 4, 2008

House Cleaning

So, I woke up a little late one morning this week, and had one hundred things to do in and out of my house. I was just going to ignore my house, and go run my errands, then come back and clean. Well, then I get a phone call. My cousin, who I adore, was coming over to drop some things off. So I quickly, started my dishes, and picked up a few of the kids toys. I got most of the dishes done before she came, but was still feeling embarrassed when she came in. My house was dirty, and cluttered. If I ignore my house for even one day, it looks as though a tornado hit it. I must say though, there is no one I would have rather come to my house that day. My sweet cousin, knows what my days are like, and she has two kids as well. Then, after she left, I got the urge to clean. So my house looked great by the afternoon, and I even managed to clean out my pantry. Why is it that after someone leaves you feel the urge to clean more than ever, then you feel like calling them and saying come over now?! Too funny. Does anyone else ever go through this? Or am I the only slob?

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh-I love you Whitty! And yes, our great room is usually spik'n span as soon anyone leaves :) Nevermind that you can't walk around while you're there! And what is with me never have any soap or towels!?

Heidi said...

Totally the same, the only reason that I have parties is to motivate me to clean up my house. I mean really clean it. I attempt to tidy up the tornado each day but it never gets quite where I want it. So then I plan a party and clean. Of course, it's unraveled in one night. But at least not with toys!!