Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dear Birthmother

Dear Birthmother,
We have not met yet, but I am thinking of you. You are on my mind, and in my prayers often. I have met several birthmothers over the years, and I pray for them as well. I know you must read profile after profile. I know your heart must ache. I hope you will find your adoptive family soon. If it is us, I can't wait!
When we started this journey we had no idea what would happen, or how long it would take. We had no idea how special birth parents are. We attended several classes, and met with several birthmoms. Oh how our ideas changed! We grew to not only respect a birthparent, but to love them. We love you! We love your parents!
I am not a perfect mother. I do not believe they exist. I do try to be a good wife and mom everyday though. My kids never go to school or bed without knowing how much I love them. Many have asked if I can love an adopted child as much as biological. Of course I can! I love my kids.... even the ones that aren't in my home yet. Before my children were born, I knew them. The same goes for the children through adoption. I know them. I love them! I can't wait to finally see and hold them. I want you, as their birthmother, to know that I love them, and I love you! I want to tell you that we are so excited to meet you. Our whole family can not wait for the day to welcome our children home.
It may sound cliche.... but we love you. We love you. WE LOVE YOU!!!!! Happy Birthmother's Day!
Whit

1 comment:

Stephen & Kendra said...

Whitney,

You are amazing and the more I read your blog the more I love you. I hope everything works out and that you get a baby soon, you definately deserve it.