Sunday, July 20, 2008

8 years baby!



These pictures are from a surprise date Rocky took me on. It was so fun to be back where it all happened eight years ago. The pics are funny angles because the camera is hanging from a tree, and is on auto. It was so nice to start and finish a conversation, eat delicious food, and watch a movie that was not animated. The funny thing is that we talked and laughed about our kids most of the night. They always say that the first year of marriage is the hardest. I totally disagree. What a breeze that first year was. Newly wed, both of us working full time, apartment life... second year- new baby, moving, starting school.... third year- in school, no money, starting to move... forth year-potty training, school, moving, McCall, pregnant again... fifth year- 2 kids, moving, graduation, moving, new job... sixth year- apartment life, 2 growing kids, moving.... seventh year- first house, finally feeling settled, start paperwork for adoption, job offer in another state, moving... eighth year- well, it looks to be a good one. We are approved for adoption, and every week brings new experiences. Rock has a fabulous job, and is very happy. We are loving our house, and town. Our kids are growing faster than we thought they would, but we are enjoying every step of the way.

My darling, I can not say it has all been easy, or effortless, but what I can say is that these eight years have been wonderful. I love you! I love what we have shared together. I love our kids. I love our families. Happy anniversary my love!

4 comments:

Hulberts said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you guys! We are only 5 years away.

Tara said...

Happy Anniversary. You have a cute family. I am glad things are going well.

Angie said...

Happy 8 years together. It's always been obvious you two are crazy about eachother!!

Nathan and Hailey Frogley said...

Happy Anniversary!!! This is your cousin Hailey, check out our blog at 4littlefrogs.blogspot.com Your blog is so cute!