Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Survival



Well, we survived CHICKEN POX!!!! Almost the entire month of May was devoted to Chicken Pox. R caught it from school , then passed it to M. R did rather well. He ended up with 257 spots. Yes I counted. He tried his hardest not to scratch, but said"Sometimes I scratch around the chicken pox." Poor kid. He walked around as though he was wearing a huge snow suit. He wouldn't let his body parts touch for fear he would get itchy all over. He thought I was strange for asking to take his picture while he had the spots. M was a different story. Hers came on quickly with high fevers. She had them everywhere! She ended up with over 1000 spots. I had to stop counting. The pictures are of day two. M had them in her mouth, nose, and ears. I thought she had ear infections, but no, just chicken pox in the ears. So we missed family outings, church, sleep, and fun things at school, but we are well. Thank goodness you can only have this once!

4 comments:

Anna said...

oh, what troopers!!! makes us very thankful for our everyday health

Heidi said...

We're so glad to hear you survived. I'm still floored that you attempted to count M's. It kinda makes me sad my girls won't ever get them, it's sorta a rite of passage for childhood isn't it??

Angie said...

Ahhh. Looks miserable. That just motivated me to get Sienna her chicken pot shot. I am a little late, but will call today to get it. Gald all is well now.

Cala said...

You poor thing!! That looks and sounds so miserable, poor kids, atleast they got them together and now and not any older I guess!! Glad to know you all survived...