Friday, April 6, 2012

One Year



























One year ago today we finalized our adoption. I can still feel the excitement of that day. We dressed baby in his first white shirt. So cute! I think he looks like a little old man. We met our caseworker, birth mother, and birth grandmother at the court house. Bud and Pinks were nervous to be in a court room. They even had to stand up and state who they were. At the last minute our judge was changed. What a blessing that change was! The judge we received was a huge adoption supporter. He was very kind to all in the room. He was incredibly thrilled for us and for baby. I was asked several times during the whole process of our adoption if I was worried that our birth mom would change her mind. I can honestly say NO. I never worried about it. I knew J was our birth mom. I knew baby was our son. I knew it from the moment I read her first email. I instantly felt in my heart that she was the one, and our son was finally coming home. Words will never express my gratitude for J. This little man is such a joy. Happy Adoption Day my little man! I love you!



No comments: