Thursday, October 28, 2010

Meet J

I would like to introduce you to J. J has chosen to place her sweet baby boy for adoption. J has also chosen Rocky and I to be the adoptive couple. J started emailing us back in August. Rocky and I tried not to get our hopes up, but we knew. We knew she was about to become our birthmom! She emailed us about once a week. Rocky and I would both read her emails and respond. Then, since hunting season is in September, I was reading and responding by myself. Late one night, I gave J our phone number. She sent me a text. I was overjoyed! A few days later, our caseworker called and left a message at my home. Our caseworker left her cell number. She had never done this before, so I called back asap! I got her voicemail. She called back. The caseworker called right when I was taking Bud, and his friends to Karate. I do not know how the car made it to Karate. I was crying. I had just been told that J picked Rocky and I to be the adoptive couple, and she wanted to meet us in one week! Joy, pure joy! Rocky was hunting of course so I couldn't call him. Heaven was helping because Rocky just happened to be coming down the mountain, and called 10 minutes after I talked to the caseworker. He was overjoyed as well. We met J. We LOVE her. J is amazing! She has put alot of thought and prayer into this decision. J is a mother of two darling boys already. She knows what it is like to be a mom. We have met her boys, and most of her family. We LOVE them as well! We have chosen to have and open adoption. J and her family will be part of baby's life, and ours. J invited Rocky and I to her doctor's appointments. The first time I heard baby's heart beat and kick, I cried. My heart races every time I hear it. This baby has so many people who love him, and care for him. We are all anxious for his arrival, but pray that he stays put for at least 7 more weeks. So, now you have met our Angel. I hope most of you will get to meet J soon, and see what a remarkable woman she is.

8 comments:

Adoptive Momma said...

Wonderful!

Natalie said...

That is so amazing! I'm excited for all of you. Congratulations!

Jan said...

I am so excited. You guys are THE BEST!!! Love you!

Amber said...

i'm so excited for you guys!! she sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I knew it, J is simply an angel in disguise! And to J if you are reading this - we love you and can't wait to get to know you, the person who has made a dream come true in our friends' life! Love to all!

Stephanie

Tara said...

Whitney and Rocky...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. I have a good friend who has been blessed with three beautiful children through adoption. She also has an open adoption. What a blessing. We are so excited for you!!

Jon and Tara

Christine said...

Oh Whitney, I am so excited for you! Congratulations!! And God bless J.

Mary said...

Whitney, That is FANTASTIC NEWS! I am always overjoyed to take someone's link off of my blog. Wishing J all the support in the world for her selfless decision.