Friday, January 29, 2010

COOKIES








One day, I was outside tending my garden. (late fall, 2009) The kids were playing on the swing set and noticed my neighbor on the other side of the fence. They got her attention, and pretty soon we were all in her yard. (We love our neighbors!) She casually asked how long it would take to make 300 sugar cookies. I reassured her that it wouldn't take not long at all. She could even space it out, because sugar cookies store really well. A few moments later, and she asked if I could do the job, and get paid for it. Are you kidding!? I said I would think about it.... Well, I took the opportunity. She ended up only needing 175 sugar cookies with 6 tubs of frosting for a party in early December. Done. (I actually made 190 because some of them were really small.) I made them over the space of three days. It was delightful! My house smelled delicious! She said it was a hit, and several people asked for my name. I laughed. My husband thinks it would be a good business. I reminded him we ate really poorly planned dinners those nights, and the kids were allowed to watch more TV than is needed. I will say it was so fun, and food for thought. I would definitely do it again. Not to mention the fact that it paid for Christmas. Wonderful! So thank you to my lovely neighbor Shawn! I really enjoyed making them, and knowing they were enjoyed! As a thank you Shawn gave Pinkie and I matching pink aprons. They are adorable! Almost to cute to wear while you are baking. They are more of a hosting apron. So cute!


1 comment:

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

OH I have been wondering how this all came about and turned out! too fun!

definitely food for thought girlie!!!!