Wednesday, July 16, 2008

On Holiday






So, our Fourth of July weekend turned into a two week event. We first hit the lake with my parents, then headed to a condo with Rock's family, then back to my parents house to bounce between families. The first pics are of my kids sliding down these crazy slides. M was actually doing flips each time she came down. Our family usually dresses all alike when we go out for dinner, so I thought I would capture it. JK! We had family pictures taken, then headed for dinner afterwards. We did get a few looks though. The next pic is of an amazing life size T-Rex made out of 2000 balloons. The last picture is of my great kids all geared up for the long drive home. They were good sports and I learned how to pull a trailer, and even back it up, on our way home. It was a great trip and the kids want to do it all again. I think we will wait a few months though. I needed a vacation after our vacation.

4 comments:

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

wow! that T rex is cool!!!!!

Coombs Family said...

What a fun 4th! I can imagine the looks you would get for dressing alike.

Hulberts said...

Yeah, I think that a vacation for a mom is NOT taking a vacation. There is too much planning, packing, feeding, being prepared for every possible scenario for every single person, and unpacking. Too much! I need a vacation just thinking about all that. I hope you got some rest.

Lesley said...

Isn't that the truth though! You need a vacation from your vacation!