Monday, June 1, 2009

Oh what do you do in the summer time?


Summer time at our house officially starts today. Here is what we have planned. Since I love schedules, and my kids do as well, we set apart certain days of the week for certain activities.
Monday- Picnic at a park, library
Tuesday- movie day ( in our area there are free movies on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
Wednesday- Water
Thursday- Arts and crafts, cooking school
Friday- Kids choice, followed by movie night
Saturday- Family
Sunday- Church, family
Of course no day would be complete without reading time, and summer journal-ing. And our schedule can change with friends, and other planned activities. My kids really enjoy knowing what the week holds, so I make a weekly calender as well. Happy to summer to all!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I always knew you were Mom of the Year material!! I might try the same!!

P.S. my word verification is CYSTERS, funny huh!

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

what a start to summer huh? It's so cold today!

Love the schedule! have been working on some sort of a "schedule" for us as well!

Looks like we will hook up at the movies on Tuesdays! :)

Nathan and Hailey Frogley said...

Love it! I needed to start some kind of simple schedule, especially while we are out here in Virginia for the summer and Nathan is gone all day. I feel like I need some structure! Your blog was just what I needed, great ideas! Thanks:)
Hailey

Whit said...

Thank you ladies.This is not my original idea.There was an enrichment night on it.She even went as far as lunches. (Mac & cheese monday...)

Jennifer said...

Can I come live with you?! I wish my days were that fun!