Friday, March 21, 2008

Security Blanket



Miss M loves this purse. She carries it everywhere. A few weeks ago, I noticed she started carrying around two purses. When I asked her why, she said she couldn't fit any more in her princess purse. It brought tears to her eyes. So, I cleaned it out. This is what I found:
1 spiral notebook, 2 pads of paper, 1/2 of a credit card, 1 headband, 5 rings, 7 earrings, 9 bracelets, 2 necklaces, 1 crown, 1 broach, 2 lip glosses, 1 chap stick, 5 magnets, 1 brush, 1 comb, 1 car, 1 dart, 2 barbie shoes, 2 barbie plates, 1 barbie bowling pin, 1 barbie purse, 1 barbie skirt, 1 barbie hat, 1 barbie leg warmer, 4 barrettes, 1 rubber band, 1 singing baby toy, 1 peg, 1 triangle block, 1 bead, 1 ring purse, 1 spoon, 1 fork, 1 plate, 2 pairs of glasses, 2 hand mirrors, 4 table cloth holders, 1 baby bottle, 1 pair of white dress gloves, 1 letter from grandma, 1 slice of play cheese, 1 shower curtain hook, 1 paint swatch, 21 game cards, 1 doll, 1 phone, 8 gold coins, 1 piece of foam, 1 foam jack o lantern, 1 key, 1 blush brush, $40.53 play money, $4.07 real money, and last but not least 96 pieces of paper. She was not happy while we were cleaning. It was a little invasive for her, but the final product was great. We put back only what she needed, phone, glasses, brush, money, and paper pad. As soon as we were done, she took her purse upstairs and dumped her whole jewelry box in it. This is her security blanket.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!!! NO wonder she was having a hard time lugging that thing around. It's good to know that my kids aren't the only pack rats around. Rex and Maddie are so cute.

Heidi said...

I am laughing out loud - what a girl! And that you inventoried it all, I'm so impressed. Who says the boy scouts are "prepared"????

Michelle Rowe said...

And I thought my purse needed to be cleaned out!

Lesley said...

You need to scrapbook that! How cute! My purse gets bad sometimes but I haven't carried around that much before!

Anna said...

WOOO! That's awesome. A purse lover just like aunt E.